• All, You may notice that the site looks a bit different. This evening I performed a major software update which improves some things and has the opposite effect on some others. The old software version will no longer be supported so it was not really a choice. One down-side is that the new release breaks most of the Add-Ins and style sheets which will have to be reinstalled (and repurchased in many cases). The biggest loss is that the feature to receive all new posts by email is no longer supported. I will likely implement another option which will let users subscribe to either a daily or weekly digest. You will notice enhanced support for attachments, ability to bookmark posts and a more mobile friendly experience. If you do discover something that is not working as it should, please let me know. I did have to switch to some new anti-spam components and am keeping fingers crossed that they are as effective as the old ones without blocking legitimate users. Keeping the balance is kind of like trying to design a car that both drives and swims! Thanks, Mike

Alleged Amphi Sightings

M

Mike Israel

Dave mentioned that a trucker told him of a $1,000 Amphi, in good condition, for sale in Pennsylvania.

I wonder if it is the rumored one near Trevose, PA that I recently went to check out. Someone at work told me that they had spotted a Yellow Amphicar with a $1,000 dollar for sale sign on it. Living nearby, I grabbed my checkbook and jumped in my car.

Turns out that the $1,000 dollar Amphi was a Nash Metropolitan hardtop whose lower half was made up of fiberglass and body filler. I suppose if it had really been an Amphi that Mike Echeman would have found it already. :)

Mike Israel
65 Amphi (white)

<hr size="1">

Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.