Alaskan DMV

T

tommyintpa@aol.com

<font FACE="arial,helvetica"><font SIZE="3" FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Calisto MT" LANG="0">In a message dated 12/15/01 12:08:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, alaskanamphi@gci.net writes:

</font><font COLOR="#000000" SIZE="2" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

<blockquote TYPE="CITE" style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">The car has a 6 digit number in all the right places and the title has a 9 digit #. Anyone ever try to track down a cars history from the VIN #?
Craig,
</blockquote>

</font><font COLOR="#000000" SIZE="3" FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Calisto MT" LANG="0">

Hi, So are you saying you checked the frame rail to the rear of the bolt for the battery cable? Is it a 100 car? It should have a 9 digit number in the frame but it may be VERY light. You may need to buff it with a wire brush in a grinder. Tommy in Tampa

</font>

A

Alaskanamphi

<table bgColor="#ffffff">
<font face="Arial"><font face="Arial">Hi all, I started the DMV game yesterday. Went smooth enough until I looked over the vin #'s. My title and car don't match... The car has a 6 digit number in all the right places and the title has a 9 digit #. Anyone ever try to track down a cars history from the vin #? BTW I have changed the email address I use for the list. I'd like to keep Amphicar stuff coming to this address in the future but the old one still works so feel free to use it for off list emails.</font></font>
<font face="Arial">Craig, Flat Lake Alaska</font>

A

Alaskanamphi

<table bgColor="#ffffff">
<font face="Arial">Tommy, the car is # 103702. I don't have the Title handy but the 9 digit # is very different. I have checked the car over very closely. The plate in the engine compartment matches the fire wall, the front hood and a few other places that were mentioned in the recent vin # postings. I don't know about the frame rail location. I'll have to check that one out.</font>
Craig, Flat Lake Alaska<font face="arial,helvetica"><font color="#000000" face="Arial" lang="0" size="2" FAMILY="SANSSERIF">
<blockquote style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
</font><font color="#000000" face="Calisto MT" lang="0" size="3" FAMILY="SERIF">
Hi, So are you saying you checked the frame rail to the rear of the bolt for the battery cable? Is it a 100 car? It should have a 9 digit number in the frame but it may be VERY light. You may need to buff it with a wire brush in a grinder. Tommy in Tampa

</font>

<tt>To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, just send an email TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS (this is not the same address for posting messages):
amphicar-lovers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Any other issues may be addressed to the list owner/admin (Mike Israel) amphicar770@yahoo.com

</tt>

<tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.</tt>
</blockquote></font>