450 mile OD barn find

Bigmoose

I am selling for an elderly gentlemen a 1964 Amphicar that has been stored since the 60's. Only 450 miles on the odometer! Located outside of Grand Rapids, MI. If interested I can give you PM and I will give you my phone number.

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 69

amphi-Ben

I am selling for an elderly gentlemen a 1964 Amphicar that has been stored since the 60's. Only 450 miles on the odometer! Located outside of Grand Rapids, MI. If interested I can give you PM and I will give you my phone number.

Hello Jerry [Big moose], please send me your telephone number.
Ben.

peterboz

Bigmose tried to PM you no result contact me thx Peet

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Sorry Ben we have closed our borders no more Amphicars can go to Europe. But you can buy it and park it for "free" at the Florida shop.

amphi-Ben

Thats ok, and what about Ferrari's,Bugatti's, messerschmitt,flying-cars,Gpa,schwimmwagen???????????????????
Do they also get free parking??????????

Bigmoose

sorry, this was the prize of the collection.
Still have a 66 fleetwood caddy and a 54 cris craft 20ft holiday that have been stored. Plus some odds and ends.

Midwest Amphicar

Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination
Like to see some more close up pictures. Like to see the front of the top and under the front hood. Close up of tire too. No date on tag but a six digit vin, raised lip, and "pcv" line to air filter. I hope I can see this Amphi some day.

strandweiss62

Build in 1963, but the dealer forgot to stamp the year of sale on the VIN plate. Tag mounted with original rivets, ignition coil mounted with original bolts. First Muffler. But what is that anchor lifting device on the front hood?

Bigmoose

Midwest, jump in your car and come and see it. You could be here in several hours. You could view it before Peter takes possession of it.

Bigmoose

That explains your remark about "free parking" in Florida. You should update your member profile which still shows Illinois.
If this deal falls through, which I don't expect it too, Ben has already been in contact with me.

Ditto ^^ We only just realised after 25 years of Amphis that the correct original way to fit the ignition barrel is with the flat side of the key upwards.

peterboz

Hi Guys ,
The blue barn find is on its way to its new home .
After almost 50 years storage in a monastery,20140410_195256.jpg it is on its way to the Netherlands .
Due to the bad weather I had to wait .
Here is a picture of the sisters doing the last cleanup.
When it is over here I will make lots of pictures of all kinds of details.

Cheers Peter20140410_180711_resized.jpg