Welcome to the Amphicar Forums

Members, please sign in for full access to the forum features. New users, feel free to sign up today. Signing in will make this annoying message go away! We do employ several measures to thwart spammers and other bilge rats. If you are having trouble registering or signing in, please drop a note to amphicar770@yahoo.com.

Login / Register

Lame Hotwheels!

Discussion in 'General Amphicar Discussion' started by CapnJohn, May 8, 2012.

1. CapnJohn

CapnJohn Amphi Guru & Former IAOC President

I have seen those new Hotwheels Amphicars around and I am disappointed big time. We have tried for years to get somebody to do a nice Amphicar model preferably in a larger scale than the 1:43 scale out there. Now Hotwheels comes out with this butt ugly version that I think is even beyond what Hotwheels are known for. ICK!

I have spoken with about every manufacturer of mid to high end larger scale models (1:24 to 1:18), some are nice and listen but respectfully tell you they will "consider" it. Some are harsh telling me that they only consider ideas from within the company and could care less about outside influence or they talk about sales numbers they believe are not enough to warrant it. The number mentioned is about 10,000 units min. So far none have expressed much interest in making a quality Amphicar model. There are so many others available for unpopular cars and the many versions of bizarre offerings Franklin mint has and yet still no love for the Amphi!
  2. strandweiss62

strandweiss62 Member

I like the Hotwheels Amphicar, it is a perfect cartoon of an Amphicar. Maybe they had some of Dave's ideas in mind, when they modeled it.

We should be happy, there are three manufacturers with all types of Amphicars in 1:43.

Neo: Red, Green, Blue, White, Police, Red Cross
    Minichamps: Red, Police
    Budig: Some special colors, in resine or metal and as a kit.

Peter
  3. BuckeyeFloater

BuckeyeFloater Member

I have looked at most of the other cars in this Hot Wheels series (Hot Wheels 2012 Boulevard Series Underdogs)...and the Amphicar is the worst by far.
    The 70 Torino looks like it has 20's under it and the Pacer looks pretty bad too with it's outlandish engine in the back. If this series was supposed to be customs or concepts they would be OK, but they were called Underdogs...yes I was underwhelmed with the offering from Hot Wheels. :(
  4. Midwest Amphicar

Midwest Amphicar Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination

It would have been perfect if it looked a lot like the Monkee Mobile. Now I am really thinking to keep the rusty project. Imagine Rogers Batmobile and a Monkeephibian. Side by side at the Nationals held at Lake of the Ozarks or in FLA. . Hmmmmmmmm
  5. Midwest Amphicar

Midwest Amphicar Worlds Largest Amphicar Destination

It would have been perfect if it looked a lot like the Monkee Mobile. Now I am really thinking to keep the rusty project. Imagine Rogers Batmobile and a Monkeephibian. Side by side at the Nationals held at Lake of the Ozarks or in FLA. . Hmmmmmmmm